Due to my recent “awakening” with my fabulous dress featured in last Monday’s post, I figured it would be best to equip you with a few or 9 ways to extend the life of your summer looks now through fall. You can guarantee I am bringing my new dress into the next season, I am foaming at the mouth with the idea of throwing my olive-green leather jacket over it. Below is a menagerie of style enhancers that should open the inspiration flood gates, a few classics, a couple of key trends, and when in doubt go the beauty route. Take two and call me in the morning.
1. A fine gage knit sweater can find itself reinventing many a look, wear it now with your favorite cut-offs and later with leather leggings. This Marled Yarn Pull Over from Free People has endless possibilities.
2. Get fancy by adding a beaded collar to any look. Top off a pristine dress or add an unexpected hint of glam to a basic tee with TopShop’s Beaded Peter Pan Collar.
3. If you’ve caught the covers of the major magazines you’ll notice pink is having a major moment. Tickle your fancy with a touch of Thakoon for Nars. Granted this collection has been out for a while, I love this energetic color to transition from summer to fall.
4. Accessories always add a special something and the “above the knuckle ring” is doing just that. Etsy has an amazing assortment at great prices, I am totally in love with the simplicity of this set by Galisfly.
5. You will have to restrain yourself with this one, because how easy is it to just plop a denim jacket on top of all your perfect summer frocks… extremely. Faded short denim jacket from Zara.
6. Flat lovers rejoice, this Fall standing at sea level is en vogue! This flat loafer with a metallic captoe by Dolce Vita can work with a pair of sleek shorts and a blazer now and balance a pair of textured trousers for Fall.
7. A face lift by way of chic shades will have you feeling instantly fabulous. These Karen Walker Anytime Black Fluro‘s can hide the roughest of nights and even make your pajamas look good.
8. Maybe it’s not a tangible item that will have you feeling rejuvenated… sometimes all it takes is a scent to reawaken the senses. Go to your local department store and dedicate some time to updating your fragrance. A personal favorite, Bond No 9 The Scent of Peace.
9. It’s in the bag of course! A structured carry all will have you feeling like the woman, morning, noon and night. A piece with clean details and pristine design like Reed Krakoff’s Boxer Large Tote is a great investment to help you say so long to summer and Bonjour Autumn!
It only takes a little spark to ignite the fire, find your something and make it work!